|Targeted News Service|
As Americans take to the road this
AAA announced last week that, over the
"Most people are intimidated when they file an auto insurance claim, perhaps because they have never done it before or worry about getting less than they deserve for personal injuries or damages to their car," said
The consumer guide, available at http://www.consumerfed.org/pdfs/Auto-Insurance-Navigating-Auto-Claims-Guide-12-14-11.pdf, contains a handy "checklist" that consumers can use to keep track of key information and to make sure they are treated fairly. The guide and checklist provide crucial information that consumers often don't hear about, including:
* It is your choice, not the insurer's, as to where your car is repaired.
* How you can file a successful claim with the other driver's insurance company, if you were not at fault in the accident.
* How you can avoid a "low-ball" offer for injuries sustained in the accident.
* Who you should call - and not call - at your insurance company to resolve claims' problems.
* How to get help from insurance regulators if your company does not treat you right.
* When you should refuse to provide records to insurers.
* How you can protect the privacy of your personal information.
"This information empowers consumers to become their own advocates to get a fairer and quicker settlement of their auto claims,"
The complete guide for consumers is available at:
The checklist that consumers can use to keep track of key information can be found at:
TNS JB47120526 gv-3889488 61GemaViana
|Copyright:||(c) 2012 Targeted News Service|