This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20161119005009/en/
Tips from GEICO on how to avoid texting while driving
GEICO reminds teens and their parents of the very real dangers of texting while driving:
- Texting while driving S-L-O-W-S response times to hazards
- It can cause inattention blindness, which leads to drivers missing objects directly in front of them
- It changes brain activity, which could cause driving mistakes
To guard against smartphone use while driving, GEICO asks all drivers to take the following steps:
- Set smartphones to silent or 'do not disturb'
- Stow away smartphones in a safe, out-of-reach place such as the trunk or a backpack
- Program GPS destinations while the car is still parked
- Create a playlist of your favorite tunes so you don't have to 'DJ while driving'
- Pull over in a safe spot to use a phone if necessary
For more safe driving tips, visit GEICO's safe driving resources center.
Using GEICO’s online service center, policyholders can purchase policies, make policy changes, report claims and print insurance ID cards. Policyholders can also connect to GEICO through the GEICO App, reach a representative over the phone or visit a GEICO local agent.
GEICO also provides insurance quotes on motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), boats, travel trailers and motorhomes (RVs). Coverage for life, homes and apartments is written by non-affiliated insurance companies and is secured through the
For more information, go to www.geico.com.