CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon
Men's Champion: Japhet Kipkoech of
CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon
Women's Champion: Pan Am Silver Medalist for
CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental 5K:
- More than 1,000 students graduated from
Monumental Kids Movement, in a year that saw the program spanning Marion Countyfor the first time. The program now includes 34 schools in Center Township, 15 schools in MSD Lawrence Township and an additional two in MSD Wayne Township.
- The third annual Apex Monumental Challenge, presented by Apex Benefits, saw more than 20 companies take part in this participation-based employee health and wellness competition.
- The CNO Financial Indianapolis Monumental Marathon had its fifth consecutive sellout and set a new event record with 4,175 marathon finishers, making it the 14th largest marathon in
the United Statesso far in 2016.
- The half marathon had its first ever sellout and a record number of finishers with 8,114.
- Including the marathon, half marathon and 5K, the number of finishers eclipsed 15,000.
"This year has been unprecedented for our organization in the scope of growth and change we've experienced," said
"It was truly exciting to be part of this marathon, and I was impressed by the high level of talent and enthusiasm of the runners, walkers and volunteers at today's events," said
Complete results and photos of winners can be found at http://www.monumentalmarathon.com/2016Results/.
Plans are already underway for the 10th anniversary race, which is set for
About Beyond Monumental
Beyond Monumental is a 501 (c)3 that provides the Indianapolis community with a complement of activities built around their premiere event that promotes healthy living & fitness for all ages (both runners and walkers.) Beyond Monumental gives back to the
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/record-setting-day-at-cno-financial-indianapolis-monumental-marathon-300358057.html