|Targeted News Service|
"This intense storm appears to have produced significant property damage, uprooting trees and knocking down power lines to some neighborhoods in
Most tornado, windstorm, hail and similar severe weather-related losses are covered either by, homeowners, renters, commercial, or automobile insurance policies. Tornado losses to a home are covered by the windstorm peril under the homeowners insurance policy. Renters insurance also provides coverage to policyholder possessions under this peril. Business owners are covered under their commercial policies. Protection from windstorm or hail damage for cars is covered under the comprehensive portion of the automobile insurance policy.
If you experienced a loss from the storms:
* Immediately contact your insurance agent or company representative
* Inspect property and cars for damage
* Inventory losses and photograph damage, and save related receipts to assist with claims handling
* Secure property from further damage or theft
* Check the background and legitimacy of repair contractors. Ask your insurance company for assistance in locating a reputable contractor.
* Keep detailed records of business activity and extra expenses during the interruption period, and prepare records to show the income from the business both before and after the loss.
For further information, such as storm-related emergency claims numbers and answers to frequently asked questions, please visit PCI's Tornado Headquarters: (http://www.pciaa.net/web/sitehome.nsf/lcpublic/562?opendocument).
TNS 24HariCha-140729-30FurigayJane-4811277 30FurigayJane
|Copyright:||(c) 2014 Targeted News Service|