Pacific Guardian Center (“PGC”) announced today that it has been awarded the prestigious LEED-EBOM Silver Certification by the
“Pacific Guardian Center is pleased to accept USGBC’s LEED Silver Certification in recognition of our sustainability efforts.” said PGC Asset Manager,
LEED (“Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design”) for Existing Buildings: Operations & Maintenance (LEED-EBOM) identifies and rewards current best practices and provides an outline for buildings to use less energy, water and natural resources; and improve the indoor environment. Pacific Guardian Center implemented many green actions to achieve Silver Certification, including:
• Achieved a perfect Energy Star Score of 100 out of a possible 100 points. This means Pacific Guardian Center performs within the top 1% of similar buildings nationwide.
• Implemented a Green Cleaning Policy and achieved an 80% compliant green cleaning product purchasing rate and confirmed that 76% of its janitorial equipment meets sustainability criteria.
• Implemented water efficiency measures that are expected to reduce water consumption at the property by 1,090,000 gallons annually. This is enough water to fill 1.7 Olympic-sized swimming pools.
• Diverted 100% of the property’s electronic equipment solid waste from the local landfill and achieved a 26% overall recycling rate as part of a comprehensive waste management program.
• Demonstrated a 30% reduction in conventional commuting trips (i.e. 1 person per vehicle) with Tenants using alternative forms of transportation.
• Documented that 69% of all individual workstations and 74% of all shared multi-occupant spaces contain individual lighting controls that enable adjustments to suit task needs, and documented that 70% of all regularly occupied spaces provide a direct line of sight to exterior views.
“Pacific Guardian Center’s LEED certification demonstrates tremendous green building leadership,” said
PMRG focuses on creating value for its clients and offers a full spectrum of real estate services, including property and facility management, leasing, marketing, investment sales, construction management and engineering. In addition, PMRG partners with clients in comprehensive development and joint venture investment programs.
By capitalizing on the team's expertise, exceptional properties, tenants, clients and robust operating infrastructure, PMRG seeks, and ultimately creates, opportunities that generate exceptional returns. For additional information, visit http://www.pmrg.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/6/prweb9598280.htm
|Copyright:||(c) 2012 PRWEB.COM Newswire|