|By Jamie Forsythe, Belleville News-Democrat|
|McClatchy-Tribune Information Services|
Main Street Market owner
"We are still in shock,"
Those plans were shattered when a fire ripped through Main Street Market on
Belleville Fire Chief
However due to the extent of the damage, "they can't narrow it down to a piece of electrical equipment," he said, noting there were compressors and other electrical equipment in the north corner of the store.
Pour said the fire department's investigation into the fire has concluded. "We don't suspect any wrongdoing," he said.
Longtime owners of Main Street Market,
Aggrawal said he and his wife are "looking at so many things" including replacement cost for the building as well as the equipment inside.
"We have no idea how things are going to turn out," he said. "We were doing so many things to improve the business. We were in for the long-term. Things happened differently."
The Aggrawals are working with their insurance company and its adjuster. A major hurdle they have run into,
Aggrawal said it's too early to comment on what the future will hold for Main Street Market.
"We want to do business and will consider doing business there again," he said. "We don't know how that is possible. It depends on the insurance company. It's not in my hands. It's in the hands of the insurance agency."
(c)2014 the Belleville News-Democrat (Belleville, Ill.)
Visit the Belleville News-Democrat (Belleville, Ill.) at www.bnd.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
We have detected that you are using an adblocker. The revenue we earn by advertisements allows us to publish quality content on InsuranceNewsNet.com.
If you wish to enjoy our content, please disable your adblocker and click the button below.
We hope you choose to whitelist our website and enjoy the content our team works hard to publish.